Information for students from outside the EEA and Switzerland
The European Economic Area is made up of the European Union (EU) countries, and also Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein.
If you are from a country from outside the EEA or Switzerland you will need a visa to study. It is your own responsibility to check your visa status and ensure you obtain the correct visa before travelling to London.
You must present your passport and valid visa/proof of entry clearance to the Short Course Office before the start of your course. Instructions on how to do this will be sent to you when you book your course. Your immigration documents will be checked, and providing these are valid for study, you will be able to start your course. we cannot allow you to start your course if you do not have the correct immigration permission. The information below applies to students who are coming to the UK to study a short course and require a Short-term study visa.
Please note we cannot allow you to start your course if you do not have the correct immigration permission.
一本道最新高清无码The information below applies to students who are coming to the UK to study a short course and require a Short-term study visa.
- What is a Short-term study visa?
- When should I apply for a Short-term study visa?
- How do I apply for a Short-term study visa?
- Information for visa nationals
- Information for non-visa nationals
- Arriving via the Republic of Ireland?
- What do I need to know about the conditions of a Short-term study visa?
- Can I enter the UK more than once as a short-term student?
- I already have a visa; can I take a short course at UAL?
- Information for students on preparation courses
- What if I have any further questions?
- Useful links
一本道最新高清无码' need to apply in advance for a Short-term study visa.
一本道最新高清无码 before making an application.
Online applications: When you select 'Short-term student visa' to start this application. You do not need CAS number for your Short-term study visa application.
When selecting the length of planned stay in the UK please ensure that you select 6 months. Short-term study (11 months) visa only allows you to study an English language course.
Please submit your completed visa application and supporting documents to your nearest . Your visa will be in the form of a sticker placed in your passport, and it will specify the category it has been issued for, eg C-Visit-Student or Short-term student. Please check you have been given the correct type of visa and that it has been issued for the correct length of time.
一本道最新高清无码When you travel to the UK, bring all the documents that you submitted with your visa application as you may be asked to present them to officials at the UK Border.
Explain to the UK Border Force Officer that you want to enter the UK as a short-term student and ask that the stamp in your passport indicates you are here as a short-term student.
一本道最新高清无码If you are an International student from Australia, Canada, Japan, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea or the United States of America coming for short term study (less than 6 months) you must not use automated eGates on arrival into the UK unless you have applied for entry clearance before travel. This is because you need to see a Border Officer to obtain the correct Short-term study visa stamp as evidence you have entered with the correct permission.
一本道最新高清无码Failure to obtain the correct stamp upon entry to the UK may result in you not being able to study here for more than 30 days.
- You must not intend to stay in the UK for longer than 30 days after the course end date given in the visa application and leave the UK within 30 days after the course has ended, or before your visa expires, whichever is sooner.
- You will not be given permission to work (this includes unpaid work and internships).
- You cannot apply or switch to any other immigration category whilst in the UK, and you cannot extend this permission.
- You will not be entitled to free treatment from the National Health Service (NHS). This means that you will need to have medical insurance to cover your stay in the UK.
一本道最新高清无码 of what the Home Office considers to be frequent or successive study.
It depends on your individual circumstances and the type of visa you have:
- Tier 4 (General) Student/Child: you are allowed to study a short course as supplementary study to the main course for which you have been given a Tier 4 visa.
- Standard Visitor Visa (C-Visit): yes, you are allowed to study for a maximum of 30 days either in one go, or over a number of shorter periods, provided the main reason for holding this visa is not to study. If you are planning to study for a total of more than 30 days, you need to apply for a Short-term study visa.
It is illegal to enrol on a short course if you have a Short-term student (11 month) visa. This visa only allows you to study an English language course.
If you are not sure that the visa you currently have allows you to study a short course, please email the Immigration Compliance Team email@example.com.
If you are applying to join a preparation course (taking place in the summer, immediately before the start of your main course), you may be able to apply for a Tier 4 visa, and we will send you further details.
Email the Immigration Compliance Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
UAL's Student Advice Service一本道最新高清无码 has advisers who are specially trained on immigration issues and can assist you with enquiries about visa and immigration matters.
The and websites have the most up-to-date visa information.
Please read UAL's short course booking terms and conditions carefully before you make a booking.